5 Dental Resolutions To Keep This Year
- Practice Proper Flossing TechniqueFlossing can actually cause more harm than good if you’re using the wrong technique. Improper flossing can result in bits of food actually getting jammed farther into your gums. Ask your dentist to show you how to floss properly if you’re unsure, and make sure to take the time to floss the right way, every day.
- Replace Your ToothbrushDental professionals recommend that you replace your toothbrush every three months. A lot of us keep using our toothbrushes for a lot longer than that. Not replacing your toothbrush often enough means that bacteria can build up on your brush, while the wear and tear of the bristles means that they become less effective over time. Mark your calendar, or put a notification in your phone, reminding you to replace your toothbrush!
- Drink More WaterProbably a good overall resolution! We all know that when it comes to avoiding staining, discolouration, tooth decay and cavities, there are lots of foods and drinks to avoid. Coffee, tea, alcohol, juice, soda, as well as sugary or acidic foods, to name a few! While it’s great to try to avoid and restrict consumption of these foods and drinks, it’s probably unrealistic to expect that you can completely cut them out! Instead of going cold turkey, resolve to accompany these foods and drinks with water, and swish your mouth out after consuming them.
- Eat More Teeth-Friendly Food!Foods such as strawberries, apples, pears, nuts and cheese, actually provide benefits to your teeth. Rather than only focusing on foods to avoid, try to incorporate these teeth-loving foods more often.
- Go To The Dentist!This one should be a given! Going to the dentist may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but by scheduling regular cleanings and checkups, you can keep your teeth and gums healthy, and catch any problems before they escalate.
If you follow these dental resolutions, you’ll be taking big steps towards a healthy, brighter smile![/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_global id=”3727″][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container][fusion_global id=”3731″][fusion_global id=”3723″]