We offer a full range of general, cosmetic, and specialty dental services under one roof. We always warmly welcome new patients to our practice and we accept most major dental insurance plans. Book your appointment today!
IV Sedation Dentistry in Airdrie
Sierra Dental Airdrie is a full-service dental clinic in Airdrie.
Our goal is to help you improve your family’s smile and keep your teeth for life.
We understand that seeing a dentist can be a stressful experience.
That’s why we’re happy to ease your fear with multiple sedation options including IV Sedation.
Our team of Airdrie dentists and dental hygienists take a personalized approach to your dental care and we want to make your visits with us as comfortable as possible.
What is IV Sedation?
Dental sedation through an IV (intravenous) method is particularly effective for inducing deep relaxation and calm states in typical dental patients.
It produces little or no memory of the dental procedure afterward and is an increasingly popular choice for patients with anxiety.
How IV Sedation Dentistry Works
- The IV site is numbed and the IV is inserted (back side of the hand) using an anti-anxiety sedative (usually a short-acting benzodiazepine).
- Drug effects are rapid, and patient drifts into a “twilight” state of deep, conscious relaxation.
- Patients are able to communicate, allowing the dental team to confirm the state of the sedation.
- Pulse and oxygen levels are monitored throughout the procedure for patient safety.
- Most patients “awake” with little or no memory of the event.
- The procedure is always supervised by dental professionals trained in IV sedation.
Talk to a Sierra Dental staff member about all our options for sedation dentistry.
We’re here to help. Call today at (403) 768-1000.