Root Canal Therapy in Seton, Calgary
At Sierra Dental, we understand the inconvenience of tooth-related problems, which is why we are proud to offer root canal therapy to take away pain, save your tooth and restore your normal everyday life.
Our team of experienced dental professionals will evaluate tooth decay that requires tooth extraction due to nerve or damage caused by tooth decay. We’ll then thoroughly clean your tooth and replace the removed pulp with special biocompatible materials.
With decades of experience performing root canal procedures, you’re in great hands with our team at Sierra Dental.
What is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy is a dental treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is infected or damaged. It is also known as endodontic therapy.
During a root canal procedure, the infected or damaged tissue inside the tooth, called the pulp, is removed. The pulp is a soft tissue that contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue. It is located in the central chamber and root canals of the tooth. The pulp becomes infected or damaged when bacteria enter the tooth through a crack or decay.
After the infected or damaged tissue is removed, the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed to prevent further infection. A filling or crown is then placed on top of the tooth to protect it and restore its function.
Root canal therapy is a common procedure that is typically successful in saving the tooth. It can help to alleviate pain and prevent the need for a tooth extraction.
What Are The Benefits of Root Canal Therapy?
Some of the benefits of root canal therapy include:
- Pain relief: Root canal treatment helps to relieve tooth pain caused by infected or damaged roots.
- Save the tooth: Root canal treatment allows the damaged or infected tooth to be saved rather than extracted, which helps to maintain the natural tooth structure and prevent further damage to the surrounding teeth.
- Protect the tooth from further damage: Root canal treatment helps to protect the tooth from further damage by sealing off the infected or damaged root and preventing bacteria from entering the tooth again.
- Prevent the spread of infection: Root canal treatment helps to prevent the spread of infection to other teeth or areas of the mouth, which can lead to further dental problems.
- Improve oral health: Root canal treatment helps to improve overall oral health by eliminating infected or damaged tissue and preventing further damage to the tooth.
- Cost-effective: Root canal treatment can be more cost-effective in the long run compared to extracting the tooth and replacing it with a dental implant or bridge.
- Quick and relatively painless: Root canal treatment is typically a quick and relatively painless procedure, especially when compared to tooth extraction. Overall, root canal treatment can help to restore the health and function of a damaged or infected tooth, improving oral health and relieving pain.
What Are The Steps in Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic treatment, is a dental procedure that involves removing infected or damaged tissue from inside the tooth, cleaning the inside of the tooth, and sealing it to prevent further damage.
The following are the steps involved in root canal treatment:
- Anesthesia: The first step in root canal treatment is to numb the area around the tooth using local anesthesia. This helps to make the procedure more comfortable for the patient.
- Accessing the infected tissue: The dentist will create an opening in the top of the tooth to access the infected tissue inside.
- Removing infected tissue: The dentist will use small instruments, such as files, to remove the infected tissue from inside the tooth.
- Cleaning and shaping the canal: The dentist will clean the inside of the tooth to remove any remaining infected tissue and shape the canal to prepare it for filling.
- Filling the canal: The dentist will fill the canal with a special material called gutta-percha to seal the tooth and prevent further infection.
- Placing a crown: In many cases, a crown (a cap that covers the tooth) is placed on top of the treated tooth to protect it and restore its function.
- Follow-up care: After the procedure, the patient will need to follow a specific care plan to ensure the success of the treatment. This may include taking medications as prescribed, avoiding certain foods and activities, and returning to the dentist for follow-up visits.
Schedule An Appointment Today
Root canal therapy is important to take care of your oral health.
At Sierra Dental, we understand that this can be an uncomfortable experience and strive to take extra special care of our patients. Our team is made up of experienced specialists who are dedicated to providing the best possible service with compassion.
By booking an appointment at Sierra Dental, you can rest assured that your tooth extraction or root canal will be completed quickly and with minimal discomfort.
EVENING & WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS
We understand that you are busy and don’t always have time to visit a dentist for a routine checkup in the middle of your Monday. That’s why we offer extended hours and weekend appointments.
DIRECT BILLING TO INSURANCE PLANS
To support our clients, we offer direct billing, predeterminations of treatments, and financial arrangements to all our patients to ensure smooth and easy payment transactions.
PAYMENT PLANS & FINANCING AVAILABLE
We understand that dental services can be an unexpected expense. That’s why we offer flexible payment plans and options to suit our patients’ needs. Speak with one of our dental assistants to learn more.
At Sierra Dental, you will never struggle to find parking. Our clinics offer convenient parking options that are free of charge to our patients. It’s one more way we work to put a smile on your face.