We offer a full range of general, cosmetic, and specialty dental services under one roof. We always warmly welcome new patients to our practice and we accept most major dental insurance plans. Book your appointment today!
The key to a confident smile is knowing that your teeth look the best they possibly can.
Our Orthodontist, Dr. Long Tieu, at Sierra Dental Airdrie is here to help you!
We are constantly working with new advances in dental care and orthodontics to provide our customers with top-rated treatment options.
This is why we choose to offer Invisalign and American orthodontic services to our customers.
What Is An Orthodontist?
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who corrects abnormalities of the jaw and teeth.
Their services include straightening teeth, closing gaps between teeth, aligning lips and teeth, and correcting problems with overbites and underbites.
We pride ourselves in providing orthodontic services for the entire family. With new options such as Invisalign, adults can also have their teeth straightened with minimum discomfort.
Sierra Dental offers a wide range of dental services, from orthodontics to cosmetic services with age-appropriate education about dental care and treatments.
The Orthodontic Services We Offer
Our clinic puts your overall health and comfort at the top of our list of priorities.
Dental braces are used to straighten and realign teeth.
They consist of brackets that are attached to individual teeth and an archwire that connects the brackets. Modern braces are made from clear materials, ceramics, or metal.
Our services are designed to care for the teeth of our clients from childhood to adulthood to eldercare.
Adults, as well as children, can benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Invisalign – This is a unique alternative to traditional braces. The Invisalign system uses thermoplastic aligners to straighten teeth. A sequence of calibrated clear retainers is fitted to your teeth and replaced every one to two weeks.
- Empower Braces – These are the latest in bracket and wire braces. By straightening your teeth, they help to ease head and neck pain caused by misalignment. Correcting bite issues improves chewing action and aids proper digestion.
- Overbites and underbites are treated with specialized appliances and face masks. Our orthodontist designs them to coordinate with your braces/Invisalign to give your jawbone some extra structure and encouragement to align with your mouth.
- Retainers are needed to ensure that the teeth do not return to their original position after braces and other removable devices have done their job.
At Sierra Dental Airdrie our orthodontic procedure begins with orthodontic records a detailed examination of your or your child’s dental needs.
Our goal is to help you keep your teeth for life so together we will decide which is the best option for you.
At your consultation, our orthodontist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation, including a specific diagnosis of your teeth, taking a full-mouth view.
We will also provide you with an explanation of your treatment options as well as treatment duration.
Some of the other things our orthodontist will evaluate during your consultation include:
- Airway Patency Services: The mouth and the nose are the gateways to breathing. Therefore, as part of the orthodontic treatment, the airway patency will be assessed and if it is deemed obstructive, a treatment that can help you breathe better will be recommended.
- Myofunctional Therapy: The tongue, lips, and cheeks are in a delicate balance and form the soft tissue that envelope the teeth. The proper function of these muscles is vital to having a healthy and well-functioning mouth. The jaw function of all these muscles will be assessed, and if there are any areas for improvement, you will be informed and given exercises to strengthen those specific muscles.
Things to Consider Before Your Orthodontic Treatment
It is important that you feel comfortable with your orthodontist, so we encourage you to make an appointment for a consultation to discuss your needs.
An initial consultation will also give you the chance to look around the practice and assure yourself that it’s a clean and hygienic space.
You’ll also be able to see your orthodontist’s qualifications and certification.
You need to make sure that the practice you attend specializes in orthodontics and offers a variety of services and dental financing options.
Orthodontic treatment often involves several visits.
If your orthodontist is located close to your home or child’s school and offers convenient (early morning, evening, and/or weekend) hours, those visits are going to be easier to manage.
Contact us today at (403) 768-1000 if you have any further questions and if you’re looking for orthodontic treatments in Airdrie.
Frequently Asked Questions
TMJ is a jaw disorder that can cause pain and click in the jaw. If your bite is uneven, the muscles in the jaw have to work hard to compensate, which can lead to tension and straining during talking or chewing. If you feel any pain, discomfort, or muscle tension in your jaw, or if you often hear a clicking noise while talking or chewing, you may have TMJ due to an uneven bite.
Not only is it detrimental to cosmetic appearance, but an uncorrected uneven bite can result in discomfort, pain, and difficulty chewing. An uneven bite can also result in a heightened risk of tooth decay or even lead to tooth loss. If you are unsure, here are some signs and symptoms of an uneven bite, which may be destructive to your oral health and the look of your smile.