5 Ways To Care For Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are used by dentists to correct a variety of cosmetic issues. Porcelain veneers offer natural-looking results and a high level of durability.
But porcelain veneers still need proper care to ensure that the results you achieve will last. Knowing the best ways to protect your porcelain veneers keeps them looking great and prevents unwanted damage.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers consist of a high-grade ceramic material that’s made into a thin covering, which is placed on the surface of the tooth.
Porcelain veneers are customized to meet the needs of every person, which leads to the great results that patients have come to expect from the procedure. The material used for porcelain veneers mimics the natural enamel of your teeth.
The technology used to apply porcelain veneers continues to improve. This makes them a more durable and convenient option for dental patients.
Veneers can be created on the same day thanks to the digital imaging tools that are available. The following are five ways to care for porcelain veneers.
- Regular Dental VisitsOne of the best ways to care for porcelain veneers is to maintain a regular schedule with your dentist. This allows you to maintain dental health while giving your dentist an opportunity to evaluate the condition of your veneers.
- Home Dental CareJust like your natural teeth, porcelain veneers benefit from a good home dental care regimen. This includes proper brushing and flossing techniques, which prevent the decay that occurs from unwanted bacterial growth.
- Healthy LivingIt’s often said that dental health is directly linked to the health of your entire body. So, in order to care for your teeth and porcelain veneers, you should maintain a healthy diet that provides the nutrients needed to support the health of your teeth and gums.Avoiding foods that are acidic or contain excess sugars is essential to your long-term dental health. Foods that lead to discolouration of teeth should be minimized or eliminated.
- Avoid Potentially Damaging HabitsThe damage that can occur to veneers is often the result of habits that include biting your nails or eating hard candies and foods. These can result in chipping and cracking of the veneers and enamel.Porcelain veneers are resistant to these forces, but they become damaged if you’re not too careful. This is especially important for patients who struggle with bruxism, which is the involuntary grinding of the teeth that often occurs at night.
- Stop SmokingAlong with the other health risks that smoking presents, discolouration of porcelain veneers is common among long-time smokers.In order to maximize the results you get from investing in porcelain veneers, you should reduce or eliminate cigarettes, cigars, and other forms of tobacco.
Your dentist will recommend all the ways that you can care for porcelain veneers. Following the instructions given to you is the best way to ensure that the results you achieve from your veneers will last a lifetime.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_global id=”3727″][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container][fusion_global id=”3731″][fusion_global id=”3723″]