Dentistry for the whole family
If you live in Signal Hill in Southwest Calgary, the support, advice and expertise of a local family dentist can help create wonderful smiles for the whole family.
With a comprehensive range of general, cosmetic, and specialty dental services provided under one roof, the team at Sierra Dental is ready to accept new patients and referrals.
Our large team of Signal Hill dentists provides personalized care plans for toddlers, seniors, and everyone in between—and we believe in educating the whole family about the importance of good oral care not just before dental appointments but at home too.
As well as providing a full range of family dental services, our in-house periodontists can help treat and protect your gums and our denturist can create or adjust dentures.
Creating positive dental experiences in Signal Hill
We don’t expect you to look forward to seeing your dentist but you can approach your appointments with much greater confidence.
We’re aware that visiting a dentist can be an anxiety-inducing experience for some. You will find our Signal Hill dental team compassionate towards your concerns. We can offer oral, IV, and nitrous sedation dentistry to ease your concerns and relax you when you visit us.
As well as corrective dentistry that eases teeth and gum problems, we provide cutting-edge cosmetic dentistry.
Why choose Sierra Dental in Signal Hill?
With many decades of dental experience in our team, families in Signal Hill can feel assured when they join our practice.
We believe in dentistry for a lifetime and have looked after generations of local families—from toddlers to seniors.
It’s about more than coming to us to solve teeth or gum problems. We want you to look after your teeth and will educate you on how to do that. When there is a need, we provide exceptional oral treatment so that your family members maintain the best smiles possible.
Direct billing and financing options
Finances are important to everyone, which is why we offer direct billing and financing options through customized payment plans.
Open seven days with flexible scheduling
You are busy and don’t always have time to visit your Signal Hill dentist for a routine checkup. That’s why we offer extended hours and weekend appointments. We are open every day of the week!
Dental services in Signal Hill
Emergency dental care
Sometimes, dental emergencies like a broken tooth or intense pain can’t wait for treatment—and you don’t want to have to call a new dentist with whom you are not familiar.
We provide same-day appointments and our emergency dental services provide a Signal Hill dentist on call seven days a week. That way, you receive the urgent assistance you need from a familiar face after hours if you have a problem that just won’t wait.
Our emergency dental services are available for these and other dental emergencies:
- Severe toothaches
- A chipped or fractured tooth
- Tissue injury
- Facial pain
- Swelling and lost fillings
Family dental care
With a dentist dedicated to the whole family, one phone call is all it takes to book appointments for everyone.
A family dentist will get to know your family’s dental and medical history. We can also relieve dental anxiety, helping you maintain a regular dental routine.
Your family’s relationship with your dentist is an important one that can prevent teeth and gum problems and positively impact your health and wellbeing long into the future.
As well as dental checkups, cleaning, and examinations, we provide the following family dental care services:
- Kids dental program: It is important to relate the importance of looking after your teeth to your child. Our Kids dental program creates positive experiences for toddlers and children and teaches them to care for their teeth once they leave the dentist’s chair. That way, your children grow up with good dental habits that create strong, healthy teeth and help prevent infections, heart disease, and other chronic diseases.
- Dental fillings: Fillings can be used to help treat decayed teeth or repair cracked or chipped teeth. Our Signal Hill dentists use composite material for filings. This bonds to the tooth and provides increased strength and durability.
- Dental crowns and bridges: A crown is a custom-made tooth that fits over your existing tooth structure, protecting against natural erosion while restoring the look and strength of your tooth. A dental bridge may be an option if you have either lost a tooth or suffered severe damage to one. A dentist from our Signal Hill team can evaluate your teeth and outline your options.
- Root canals: When a tooth nerve becomes irreversibly inflamed or infected, it can cause severe tooth pain. Root canal treatment might be recommended by your dentist to help relieve the pain and prevent future problems with the tooth.
- Dentures: If you fit dentures, you only want to do it once and you expect them to fit comfortably. With our experienced professional denturists, you are expertly fitted with a set of dentures that will last the years ahead.
- Sleep apnea: If you regularly feel drowsy during the day and suffer from headaches, you may have obstructive sleep apnea. If so, our specialists may be able to offer dental options that relieve the symptoms and help increase your energy, focus and overall quality of life.
As a Signal Hill family dental clinic, we have the appropriate treatments available for every member of the family. That includes those who just want to adjust their appearance, improve their smile, and give their confidence a boost.
Our cosmetic dentistry services include the following:
- Zoom® Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening can deliver that bright, white smile you always wanted and provide an extra dose of self-confidence. As we age, stained or discoloured teeth are common. Teeth whitening can reverse all those years of discolouration and give your smile a new lease of life.
- Full mouth reconstruction: A full mouth restoration can help to realign bites and straighten teeth. We can also use veneers or crowns to repair or replace damaged or missing teeth. After an initial consultation to determine your goals and an oral examination, your dentist can outline all your cosmetic dentistry options so that you can make an informed decision.
- Veneers: Dental veneers can help you address chips or stains on your teeth that can quickly ruin a smile. With our expertise, you can restore your teeth to their former glory and feel more confident when flashing that smile!
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is the process of applying a tooth-coloured resin to the teeth and curing it with light heating. This non-invasive and painless treatment can help to restore chipped or cracked teeth, alter the shape of disproportioned teeth, and close spaces or gaps between teeth.
Sometimes, dental treatment may require complex and specialist solutions.
Dental specialists complete extra training in a specific area of dentistry, such as orthodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics or another field. Specialist dentists must follow the same ethical guidelines and professional regulations as general dentists and many work in hospitals or clinics.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics is the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of poorly positioned teeth and jaws, and misaligned bites. Dr. Mostafa Altalibi is the orthodontic specialist at Sierra Dental in Signal Hill. No referral is required to see him and new patients can come for a complimentary consultation.
- Periodontics: Periodontics is the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of the inflammatory disease that affects the gums and the bones around the teeth. Dr. Ben Thomas and Dr. Javier Cabrales are the periodontist specialists who manage gum disease and perform these procedures at Sierra Dental.
- Periodontics procedures and treatments include:
- Limited or complete periodontal evaluation
- Surgical and non-surgical periodontal therapy
- Periodontal regeneration
- Surgical implant placement
- Bone graftings, such as ridge and sinus augmentation
- Extractions and ridge preservations
- Gingival grafting
- Functional and aesthetic crown lengthening
- Oral pathology
- Prosthodontics: Prosthodontics deals with the restoration and replacement of missing or damaged teeth using dental implants, crowns, bridges, veneers, dentures, dental implants, and other artificial devices. Dr. Ryan Keyes is the prosthodontist at Sierra Dental, providing a range of advanced restorative and rehabilitative treatment options for patients.
- Implant retained dentures: Implant-retained dentures are over-dentures that are supported by and attached to implants rather than resting on the gums. Roni Yusefov is a highly trained denturist who provides patients with custom treatment options that fit both their needs and their budgets.
A healthy smile for life in Signal Hill
The Sierra Dental team in Signal Hill, in the southwest of Calgary, established the practice to provide the highest-quality care possible in a variety of dental specialties for local families.
Over the years, we have remained at the cutting edge of dental technology and retained the finest professionals in their fields to serve you and your family.
We constantly learn about new treatments and reapply our expertise to all types of complex dental issues as well as to more standard family dentistry and emergency dentistry matters.
Contact us for an initial appointment to discuss your requirements and ask questions so that one of our family dentists can start creating lifelong smiles.