Orthodontics is Not Just About Appearance
Our unique and comprehensive approach doesn’t only focus on the teeth but also evaluates the jawbones, jaw joints, muscles of the face, tongue posture, swallowing patterns, and the airway apparatus. Our dentist orthodontist will evaluate your mouth and find the best service for you to ensure long lasting benefits.
This creates a personalized treatment approach that helps you get the exceptional results you deserve, for both the appearance of your teeth and your health.
What We Offer as an Orthodontist in Calgary SW
At Sierra Dental, we use CBCT technology which produces 3D images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways, and bone in a single scan.
This procedure displays the whole jaw in a quick and painless manner to improve the diagnosis.
We are proud to offer two options for orthodontic treatment:
- Invisalign – An alternative to conventional orthodontics, Invisalign straightens your teeth gradually. It uses clear calibrated retainers that are removed for eating and replaced periodically to stay aligned with your stage in treatment.
- Empower Braces – The latest in bracket-and-wire braces. These are a high-quality and comfortable option for straightening and re-positioning the teeth.
Treatments such as braces for overcrowding or other services can be incredibly beneficial and have major effects on your appearance and overall confidence. Hence why many people choose family orthodontics in Calgary as of recent. Everyone can benefit from orthodontic services and for different reasons. Treatment does not have to be complicated or last a long time, here are some ways we can help you even further!
We also offer other accelerated orthodontic tools to make your treatment go quicker:
- V Pro – A high-frequency vibrational device used in conjunction with braces or Invisalign that accelerates treatment by moving the teeth quicker and reducing the soreness associated with orthodontic treatment.
- Propel Excellerator – Osseos perforations recruit healing cells that accelerate Invisalign and braces treatment, while also strengthening bone through the natural healing process.
Call our certified Orthodontist in Calgary today or book your consultation online to take your first steps towards that confident, winning smile.
Orthodontic consultations are complimentary!
Our Orthodontic Procedures
At your consultation, our dentist orthodontist will conduct a comprehensive evaluation, including a specific diagnosis of your teeth, taking a full-mouth view. We will also provide you with an explanation of your treatment options as well as treatment duration.
At Sierra Dental, we place your comfort above all. That is why we offer services that will reduce any potential discomfort while giving you a smile that makes you feel your best:
- Airway Patency Services: The mouth and the nose are the gateways to breathing. Therefore, as part of the orthodontic treatment, the airway patency will be assessed and if it is deemed obstructive, a treatment that can help you breathe better will be recommended.
- Myofunctional Therapy: The tongue, lips, and cheeks are in a delicate balance and form the soft tissue that envelope the teeth. The proper function of these muscles is vital to having a healthy and well-functioning mouth. The jaw function of all these muscles will be assessed, and if there are any areas for improvement, you will be informed and given exercises to strengthen those specific muscles.
Whichever treatment is needed for you, our orthodontist in Calgary SW will ensure you are getting the care you deserve. Treatment is tailored to your specific needs with the aim to make any orthodontic treatment as comfortable and stress free as possible.
Why Should You Consider Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is often necessary for health reasons as well as cosmetic ones.
Crowded or crooked teeth can lead to tooth decay and gum disease, as they are difficult to clean. If teeth are severely crooked, there is a heightened risk of tooth loss due to decay.
An uneven bite can cause TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders to develop over time. That’s why it’s so important to seek treatment as early as possible if you suspect you might need orthodontic treatment.
Orthodontics can also improve and boost your self-image!
What to Consider Before Your Orthodontic Treatment
It is important that you feel comfortable with your orthodontist, so we encourage you to make an appointment for a consultation to discuss your needs.
An initial consultation will also give you the chance to look around the practice and assure yourself that it’s a clean and hygienic space.
You need to make sure that the practice you attend specializes in orthodontics and offers a variety of services and dental financing options.
Orthodontic treatment often involves several visits. If your orthodontist is located close to your home or child’s school and offers convenient (early morning, evening, and/or weekend) hours, those visits are going to be easier to manage.