Sierra Dental and Phase 3 of Alberta’s plan
As we move into Phase 3 on July 1st, 2021, we want to update all of our patients that dental offices will not be included in the phase updates. All dental offices in Alberta have been directed to continue to implement the current COVID protocols of Phase 2.
What does this mean for our patients after July 1, 2021?
During Phase 3 of Alberta’s plan, we will continue to screen patients, use the virtual waiting room in the parking lot and each patient will be required to wear a mask upon entry.
For decades dental offices have practiced what is known in the healthcare profession as Universal Precautions. OSHA defines this as “An approach to infection control to treat all human blood and fluids as if they were known to be infectious for HIV, Hepatitis and other pathogens.” This approach has not only kept patients and team members safe in the past, but has also been extremely effective during COVID.
To date, there have been zero confirmed cases of COVID-19 transmission between dental office staff and patients since the pandemic began.
At Sierra Dental, to ensure our patients and team’s safety, we continue to apply Universal Precautions as well as added several additional new COVID protocols.
● Daily temperature checks & COVID-19 screenings for all staff
● Patient temperature checks & COVID-19 screenings before office entry
● Hand sanitation upon entry
● Virtual waiting room with electronic consents and check ins.
During dental treatment:
● Anti-bacterial & virus mouth rinse before treatment to decrease viral load of asymptomatic carriers.
● Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment for staff
● 3-step surface disinfection: spray, wipe, spray
● Regular use of Biological Indicator Test Kits
Other important safety changes:
● HEPA air filtration systems
● Plexiglas barriers for separation
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you soon,
Your Friends at Sierra Dental